THE FIRST EVER WOMEN’S TOUR OF SCOTLAND is set to be an outstanding world class permanent UCI calendar professional race fixture. The three day, three stage race will be contested by many of the top women’s teams in the world – plus the cream of Great Britain and Scotland’s female cycling talent.
We will be celebrating cycling over three days in five cities, and scores of towns and villages along the 350km route.
With an anticipated 100,000 spectators, the Tour will attract visitors, fans and cycling enthusiasts from across the UK, Europe and worldwide.
We will bring a carnival atmosphere at each stage start and finish with family friendly activation zones, culminating on Sunday 11th August in Edinburgh’s iconic Holyrood Park.
We are proud to be the first Official Rights Holder to:
– bring a Women’s Tour before a Men’s.
– offer parity of prize money equivalent to a men’s race from day one.
– make a commitment to deliver the world’s first climate positive sports event by 2020.
– make the Tour the most digitally connected cycling event in the world reaching an audience of fans, enthusiasts and beginners over the next 5 years.
– build a legacy and development programme that will inspire women and girls to start cycling – for sport, for fun, for health, for the freedom found on two wheels.
– be in Scotland – the #perfectstage for the rise of Women’s Cycling.
#perfectstage #thisgirlcan #OneInAMillion
Craig Burn, CEO of @ScottishCycling
Eileen Roe - Women's Tour Ambassador, former British National Circuit Race Champion, raised in Fife.
Julia Harrington CEO, British Cycling
Paul Bush OBE Director of Events, VisitScotland
Follow us on Instagram
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.